Research has long shown that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Yet, people continue to skip this meal and just down a coffee.
Low Blood Sugar And Memory Issues
Upon awaking, blood sugars are usually at their lowest. The body seeks to be nourished. If you don’t do it with a good breakfast, your body will crave food until it feels food. A lot of the food we crave is not healthy.
Why Breakfast Matters
A lot of studies have correlated a good breakfast with better memory, reduced obesity, lower risk of diabetes and cardiovascular changes. Not surprisingly, cholesterol can also lowered with a healthy breakfast.
What Makes This Recipe So Special?
This breakfast includes a number of healthy nutrients
- Chia seeds are packed with omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. One ounce of chia seeds hold both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
- Oatmeal: Oats are packed with protein, fiber, and a number of important minerals and vitamins. It also contains beta-glucan, a soluble fiber that is believed to reduce bad cholesterol.
The Perfect Oatmeal
(Thanks to our friends at stayhealthystore.com)
- 1 cup of oats
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons of chia seeds
- Pour the water into a pot along with the cinnamon and vanilla.
- Once it starts boiling, lower the heat, but keep at a low boil.
- Add the oats and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove it from heat and leave it covered for 5 minutes then stir well.
- Add the chia seeds, honey, and salt.